Dryer causes fire at Murfreesboro home

A Murfreesboro homeowner has been displaced after a fire officials say a dryer caught fire and spread through the home.

Murfreesboro Fire Rescue crews responded to a house fire at 2729 Oxford Hall Avenue just after 10:30 a.m. Friday.

When crews arrived on scene, they spotted light smoke coming from the back, right corner of the house.

Firefighters entered the home and found fire in the utility room and were able to extinguish it.

The utility room sustained significant fire damage, the kitchen received heat damage and the home had smoke throughout.

According to Battalion Chief Daryl Alexander, the fire was caused by a dryer.

Courtesy of WKRN Nashville’s News 2

Tags
Show More

Murfreesboro.com

Welcome to Murfreesboro.com. This site was designed to help foster communication between the residents of Murfreesboro, Tennessee. Whether you're looking for news, events, jobs, etc. you can find it all right here on Murfreesboro.com.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Close