The Center for the Arts opened to the public on December 1, 1995 and was originally funded by the City of Murfreesboro and Rutherford County. In 2008 The Center became a non-profit 501 (c) 3 organization and now depends on the generosity of the public for funding. Since it’s opening, the Center for the Arts has been presenting theatrical productions, visual art exhibitions, music concerts, dance performances and educational classes.
The Center for the Arts is housed in an Italianate structure built in 1909 by the U.S. Department of Treasury on the site of an old livery station. The building originally served as the Post Office and in 1962 became the Linebaugh Library. After the library relocated, the building was renovated and became the Center for the Arts. The renovation of the building was awarded the Governor’s Award for Economic and Community Development.
The mission for the Center for the Arts, Inc. is to enhance the quality of our community by providing a variety of arts and opportunities which will educate and entertain people of all ethnicity, ages, and income levels. The Center for the Arts will advance art awareness through quality theatrical productions, musical performances, art exhibits, educational programs, life-long learning and community activities thus improving overall quality of life in our community.
The Center for the Arts is a 501(c) 3 non-profit organization.
110 W College St
Murfreesboro, TN 37130