Oakland Court Development (Lokey Ave and Academy St)
Expected Road Closures: Monday through Friday: As part of the Oakland Court development, Academy St will be closed to through traffic between Palm Ct and Hembree St. Lokey Ave will also be closed at Academy St. Site construction work continues. Appropriate traffic controls and detours will be in place.
N Maple St between College St and N Public Square
Expected No Lane Closures: Wednesday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm: Construction crews will be making repairs with hot asphalt patch on Maple St between College St and N Public Square. There will be minor traffic shift and interruption. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Underground Fiber Optic installation work (Singer Rd between Florence Rd and NW Broad St)
Expected Lane Closures: Wednesday through Friday, 8:30 am to 3:30 pm: Private Utility Construction crews will be installing underground fiber optic lines on Singer Rd between Florence Rd and NW Broad St. There will be lane closures and traffic interruptions on Singer Rd. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
Annual City Street Paving Projects
Expected Lane Closures: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM – 3:00 PM: City contractor will be performing construction work at the following streets:
- Fortress Blvd, University, Walter Hale Ct and Medical Center Pkwy (pedestrian signal & sidewalk repair work)
- Mayoral Ct (striping work)
- Bell St between Crestland Ave and Hale Ave (culvert replacement work)
- Bear Branch Cove (plating and casting work)
- Walter Have Ct (paving work)
Expect lane shifts and traffic interruptions. Appropriate traffic controls will be in place.
TDOT Resurfacing Projects
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, 266
The grading, drainage, construction of two concrete bulb tee beam bridges, signals, and paving on SR 266 (Jefferson Pike) from SR 102 (LM 5.0) to east of I-840 (LM 9).
• Daily, 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. There will be periodic flagging operations for construction activities.
RUTHERFORD COUNTY, I-24
The resurfacing on I-24 from near Baker Road to east of Medical Center Pkwy. MM 70 – 80
• 6/13 – 6/15, 8 p.m. – 5 a.m. There will be alternating lane closures EB and WB for degrassing of shoulders. Three lanes will remain open at all times
• 6/14, 8p.m. – 5 a.m., There will be alternating lane closures EB for degrassing of shoulders. Three lanes will remain open at all
RUTHERFORD COUNTY SR 1
The resurfacing on US-41 (SR-1) from East of South Rutherford Blvd to west of Cripple Creek.
• Daily, 7 a.m. – 6 p.m., There will be alternating lane closures for milling activities. One lane will remain open in each direction.
RUTHERFORD SR 99
The grading, drainage, construction of retaining walls, signals and paving on SR-99 (New Salem Hwy) from near I-24 to SR-96 (Old Fort Pkwy)
• Daily, 9 a.m – 3 p.m., There will be alternating lane closures to restriping pavement markings from Bridge Avenue to Old Fort Pkwy. This restriping is needed to implement long term lane closures for phased construction.